At the Chisholm Trail Outdoor Museum you will be greeted by tipis and life size cattle drive silhouettes as you enter the museum. We seek to inspire, educate and enrich the lives of visitors by providing fun and education activities and attractions. Chisholm Trail Outdoor Museum includes Johnson County’s original courthouse, a blacksmith shop, a stagecoach station, and many other great attractions. We have guided tours to make learning about history fun and engaging for people of all ages. Join us and experience the rich history of Wardville, the first county seat of Johnson County and learn about the impact the Chisholm Trail had on this historic site.
To learn more about the wonderful attractions at the Chisholm Trail Outdoor Museum please give us a call or visit us online today!
Hours of Operation
- friday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- thursday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Big Bear Native American Museum
- Blacksmith Shop
- Nolan River School (one room schoolhouse)
- Stagecoach Station
- Wardville Courthouse
- Big Bear Native American Museum Hours:
- Docent-led tours 1pm-5pm Sundays
- Docent-led tours Thurs/Fri/Sat 10am-5pm
- Hours as above. Modest admission charge.